It started simply enough. A warm sunlit day in Austin, Texas. A patio. Lisa and Randall Pawlik relaxing at a local wine bar with perfectly chilled white wine. It’s a perfect picture—but then the wine warms up and it’s ruined. Lisa to Randall, “If only there were something I could rest my glass in to keep the wine chilled.”
The next day they began planning and plotting and prototyping—until they came up with VoChill, the very first personal wine glass chiller. A fashionable way to keep your glass of wine at the perfect temperature for maximum enjoyment.
Randall is a born entrepreneur and inventor. In grade school, he sold pecans he picked to his teachers. In high school, he sold grapefruit from the family farm throughout the Rio Grande Valley. When he wasn’t selling, he was taking things apart and putting them back together. Then he met CAD Design Software!
Lisa became a wine connoisseur on her first trip to Europe after high school. She had worked for the Australian Trade Commission and later for a prominent US grocery retailer in innovation, marketing and sales. Talk about perfect timing! The grocery corporation underwent a restructuring. Lisa could take a different position in the company or she could leave. She left and was free to go all in on VoChill.
Lisa and Randall wanted something that would provide a long-lasting chill but would not interfere with the wine-tasting experience. In other words, no metal, no plastic, no (shudder) ice cubes. They not only wanted something optimally functional but also aesthetically pleasing. A wine chiller that would beautify the wine glass as well as bring a sophisticated, artistic flair to any décor.
- Keeps white, rosé and sparkling wines refreshing and crisp from the first sip to the last.
- Brings red wine from room temperature to cellar temperature in minutes, bringing out the wine’s best character and flavor by softening the tannins and lessening the presence of alcohol.
- Note: If you normally drink reds at room temperature, try VoChill and see what a difference a degree makes.
- Keeps your wine crisp, cool and refreshing by actively pulling heat out of your glass. Keeps wine chilled for an hour and a half indoors and 45 minutes in shaded outdoor heat.
- Gives control to the individual: Remove your glass for less chill and leave it in longer for more.
- No need to buy new wine glasses. VoChill fits a wide range of standard glass shapes and sizes. Just be sure that stemless glasses have a bowl no larger than 3.75 inches and stemmed glasses are no longer than 4.5 inches.
- Made of durable and recyclable materials that are engineered to last.
- Sophisticated array of colors: quartz, stone, blush, sand, graphite, cyan and rose.
FYI: Suggested Wine Temperatures
Each style of wine has an optimal serving temperature that brings out its intended flavor profile, character and bouquet.
- Sparkling + Light-Bodied Whites – 38-45°F (Ice Cold)
- Full-Bodied Whites + Rosés – 45-55°F (Cold)
- Light + Medium-Bodied Reds – 55-60°F (Cellar Temp)
- Full-Bodied Reds + Dessert Wines – 60-68°F (Slightly Chilled)
- Place the cradle in your freezer for at least 3 hours.
- For your stemless glasses, use as is. For stemmed glasses, attach the cradle to the stand.
- Pour in chilled wine.
- Wine too chilled? Take your glass out of the chiller until the temperature is right for you.
- Use a soft cloth to hand-wipe your VoChill and return it to the freezer so it’s ready for the next time.
Note: Never put your VoChill in the dishwasher.
VoChill on the “Best” Lists
VoChill readily landed on many “Best Gifts” lists, including:
- Oprah’s “Gifts for the Friend who Lives for Wine O’clock”
- USA Today’s “Gifts that Wine Lovers Actually Want”
- NBC News “Best Gifts for Wine Lovers”
- Taste of Home, online magazine, “Best Wine Gifts”
- Reader’s Digest “Coolest Gifts for Wine Lovers”