Even little ones who are the very best sleepers at home have trouble when traveling. When sharing a guest room or a hotel room with Mom and Dad, babies and toddlers do not have the calm, quiet, dark environment of home. Not only do they get cranky, we get cranky, because when they don’t sleep, we don’t sleep!
Katy Mallory and her husband found this out while visiting Katy’s mother, Lou Childs, for the holidays. They had to cut their visit short so that they and their baby could get some sleep. Katy took to the Internet to find a solution. Nothing. She tried some makeshift remedies that either did not work or were not safe. Katy and Lou, with nine children and lots of travel miles between them, figured if not they, then who would come up with a solution? They put their heads together and SlumberPod was the result.
SlumberPod is an easy-to-assemble/disassemble privacy pod that encloses a playard, travel or mini crib, small cot or mattress so that your baby or toddler has an optimum sleeping environment while traveling. The SlumberPod eliminates, reduces or blocks the light and noise that are disruptive to sleep.
- It is made of breathable fabric (85% polyester, 15% spandex) and has four ventilation windows.
- It is lightweight and compact, 50 inches long, 36 inches wide, 56 inches tall and folds down to 17 inches by 5 inches by 6 inches to fit into carry-on luggage.
- It is safe, having passed all required juvenile product safety tests as well as advanced testing to determine the Pod presents a low hazard of CO2 rebreathing.
- It is easy to clean. The material can be spot cleaned or machine washed on delicate and air dried.
Please note that the SlumberPod is free-standing; it is not an unsafe sleep tent. It is not attached to a crib or playard to confine your toddler. The premium fabric stretches so that he or she is not entrapped.
The SlumberPod adapts to your child. You can keep the main zipper open or closed or partially open. Adjust it according to how much or little light your baby prefers. Completely zipped provides nearly total darkness. You can open one more more of the ventilation windows to increase or decrease airflow.
It works best if you familiarize your child with it at home before going on a trip. Set it up, let your child explore it first, then sleep under it.
SlumberPod has received many accolades, including:
- 2019 Winner National Parenting Product Awards-Baby and Toddler Products category.
- Creative Child’s 2019 Travel Product of the Year for Babies.
- Parents Pick at the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association convention.
- Featured as a travel aid in Conde Nast Traveler.