Remember Keanu Reeves in The Matrix—the long leather coat, the dark glasses, the banana phone! No? Well, maybe your toes start tapping as soon as you hear Bananaphone, your very first most favorite song? No? Surely, you have, at some point in your life, used a banana as a pretend phone to make people laugh? No? Then you will have to trust me: the banana phone has a history of being too cool for school. And now you can have one of your very own. Elegant, sleek, slim—we can guarantee that the Banana Phone is the world’s most a-peeling fruit phone.
Brian Brunsing, Charlie Katrycz and Max Brown have been friends, like, forever. Or at least since the time they were campers and guides at Camp Pathfinder, a wilderness canoe tripping camp in Ontario. And then they started their “Fruit Tech revolution” with the Banana Phone, a yellow, banana-shaped, Bluetooth-enabled mobile handset and speaker that connects to your smartphone. With merely a touch of a button or via voice commands, you can use Siri or Google Assistant to talk with your friends.
Banana Phone Features
- Handset to connect to Bluetooth devices (e.g., iPhone, Android, Alexa, Siri, Google) and Bluetooth speaker
- Phone made of 100% recycled ABS; packaging 100% paperboard and fully recyclable
- Rechargeable built-in lithium battery and micro USB cable
- Talk for 10 hours, let phone idle for 70 hours on one charge
- Qualcomm Chipset made with certified conflict-free minerals
Easy as 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The Banana Phone is super simple to use.
- Connect the Banana via Bluetooth to your smartphone and use the phone’s voice assistant to make or receive calls, play music, check the weather. More functions are outlined in the User Manual.
- Answer an incoming call by pressing the home button.
- Initiate a call via voice commands to Siri, etc.
- Press the multifunction button to play your favorite songs.
Banana Phone Bunch
- Brian is president of Banana Phone. His “day job” is acting as a Senior Account Manager for Visa for whom he consults with Fortune 500 companies. His background is in product design and development and sales and marketing.
- Charlie is the CTO. He also founded Loonskin Labs, where biomimicry is used to build fabrication machines, and Undu Wearables that produces natural, reusable heat packs to relieve pain in the lower abdomen and back. Charlie is now pursuing a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto.
- Max is the CEO and is also president of the Garrett Leather Corporation, the world’s largest privately owned distributor of high quality Italian leather. In his previous role of vice president of sales, Max led a team of 50+ independent sales representatives, distributors and showrooms around the world.
Banana Phone Vision
Brian, Charlie and Max simply want people to “Talk More, Smile More, Save the Gorillas.”
Talk more, have real conversations, apart from the frenzied world of texts, emails and push notifications.
Smile more, and who would not smile when using a Banana Phone? We all could use some lightening up.
Save the gorillas. The Banana Phone company is a certified and active member of “1% for the Planet.” For every phone sold (and as of now, there have been 4,000+ sold in 21 countries), 1% of the profits go to “Gearing Up for Gorillas,” an organization that works for the conservation of gorillas in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.