It may be that the last time you got excited over shoelaces was when you first learned to tie them yourself and had to demonstrate to everyone. If so, prepare to get excited again over Jamie Montz’s The Original Stretchlace, the only elastic stretch shoelace that looks like a classic lace-up. You can change every lace-up shoe and boot into a slip-on and still have that nice neat bow—no adjustable locks, anchors, clips or silicone bands.
Jamie always wanted to be an entrepreneur, from the time of her lemonade stand through a successful ecommerce career. After studying business marketing at the University of Idaho, she went to work for start-ups and Fortune 50 companies where she gained more experience in production, merchandising, marketing and innovation. When she ventured out of her own, she became one of the first third-party sellers on Amazon. She successfully sold that company and returned to the corporate world to launch products in the frozen foods and apparel categories. And then her “Aha!” moment came one morning when she and her husband David were tying their sons’ shoes: Why not shoelaces that stretch? Every lace-up shoe a slip-on? More comfortable, quicker, easier.
The Original Stretchlace are made from the highest quality materials, hand cut and hand packed.
- The flat laces measure 1/4 inch wide and come in 16 colors and lengths from 23 to 72 inches.
- The round laces measure 3/16 inch wide and come in 7 colors and lengths from 24 to 63 inches.
- Colors include classic white, black and grey; fashion-forward navy, royal blue and dark red; and neon pink, blue and green.
- Cardboard packaging and shipping materials are 100% recyclable and all printing is done with water-based inks that are 100% recyclable, biodegradable and compostable.
The Original Stretchlace: The Simple Solution
- For those still developing or losing fine motor skills due to multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, autism, or a broken hand, arm, foot or leg.
- For those whose movements are impaired, including amputees, the aged or disabled, and patients recovering from surgery or a stroke, and for their caretakers.
- For anyone on their feet all day, but especially for athletes whose feet start to swell as soon as the blood gets pumping, the shoelaces flex and stretch as your foot expands, keeping you comfortable.
- Athletes, whatever the sport, whether running, competing in a triathlon, walking, working out at the gym, playing tennis or golf, benefit from the flexible, secure comfort and the ability to make a quick transition.
- Whenever you want to shoe and unshoe quickly, for example, when in an airport security line or when trying on trousers in a clothing store.
Custom Fitting Your Shoes with The Original Stretchlace
When first lacing your shoes, keep your foot in the shoe and lace upward. If that is not possible, make sure you leave enough room for your foot to slip in and out.
- Lace each end into the base and ensure that lace lengths are even before weaving them through the lace holes.
- Keep the laces flat while lacing upward, so that there are no twists.
- Choose your fit, snug or loose, tie your bow and you are all done. You can slip your shoes on and off with ease.
- The rubber band-like stretch and flex alleviates pressure points for a snug, comfortable fit that conforms to your foot and helps improve blood flow and circulation.