Ashley and Brittany Silfies were settling in to a new marriage and a blended family. Brittany, with a degree in biology from the University of Alabama, worked in a lab testing blood plasma for HIV and Hep A, B and C. Ashley, with a degree in Nutrition Food Science from the same school, was the stay-at-home Mom to their three children. She thought she might be able to contribute more, being a creative sort and an accomplished photographer.
One day, she was looking at a blank white wall in their apartment and envisioned it being decorated with bright, colorful pictures. Somehow (‘cause who really knows what’s going on in our brains), she connected that vision with her and Brittany’s discussions on using creativity to help people relax, reflect and renew themselves. The result was Pink Picasso Paint by Numbers Kits.
Included in the Pink Picasso Kit
- 16 x 20 (or 8 x 10) unstretched canvas
- Small pots with non-toxic water-based acrylic paint
- 4 brushes
- Finished image with color key
- Tube with lid designed to organize supplies while in use
All you need to add is a container of water to clean the brushes and paper towels.
The label displays the average time to finish the painting. But Pink Picasso is about taking as long as like and losing yourself and your troubles in the colors and shapes and process.
Pink Picasso Painting Selection
Every picture is unique to Pink Picasso Kits. Some were photographed by Ashley.
- Floral Designs: Lush arrangements of roses, dahlias, hydrangeas, peonies, and succulents in harmonious, vibrant colors.
- Mid Century Modern: Stylized designs of animals and plants realized with geometric shapes and flat planes of color.
- Kids Kits: Cartoon-like animals with super powers (e.g., Poppy Pig is humble, Pablo Penguin is polite) and Marina Mermaid with three choices for skin color and three choices for hair color.
- Modern Monet: A separate line of painting kits that depicts beautiful locations, such as the Amalfi Coast, Eiffel Tower and a generic beach scene.
Let Pink Picasso Coax Out Your Inner Artist
- Once you have selected your picture and have your kit, find a well-lit area where you are unlikely to be disturbed by tiny hands or furry paws.
- Fill in the areas of white space on the canvas with paint, matching the numbers on the top of each paint pot with the corresponding numbers on the paper. Use the appropriate size brush to color in a section. Stay within the lines—or not. It’s your painting.
- Close each lid as you finish using a color. Acrylic paints dry out quickly. However, should that happen, simply order the colors you need from the website. Nothing should stress you out as you paint!
- Even if you make a mistake. Wipe the paint away quickly or wait for it to dry and paint over it. Or in case of a serious “Oops!,” cover the spot with white-out and start again.
- Enjoy watching your picture come to life and savor the feeling of accomplishment when you are finished. Hang as is or frame your work of art.
Benefits of Pink Picasso
- Take a break from your worries and the insistent demands of smart phones and tablets. All you need to think about is what color goes where.
- Reduce anxiety and relieve stress.
- Increase your attention span and ability to focus and concentrate.
- Become more patient.
- Experience a great sense of achievement.
- Even those who think they are completely devoid of artistic talent can create beautiful paintings.
- For those whose inner artists are nagging at them to get out, but it’s too intimidating to take a painting course, Pink Picasso builds up confidence. You learn the basics of handling a brush, of putting color to canvas, of noticing the interplay of lights and darks. You just might give painting on a blank canvas a try.
Pink Picasso kits have been featured as one of Oprah’s Favorite Things and on Good Morning America, The View and the TODAY show.
pinkpicassokits.comBuy on Amazon