What if you could take all your exercise equipment with you when you travel? Or maybe you’d like to get in a serious workout while outside in the fresh air, in a park or on the beach. How about having the equipment at the office for when long work days stretch into night? And it’s always convenient to be able to exercise at home, no matter how small your living space. You can now do all those things thanks to Nezar Akeel, founder and CEO of MAXPRO Fitness. MAXPRO technology and compact fitness system is portable, versatile, powerful and replaces an entire gym of bulky equipment while weighing less than 10 pounds and folding in half.
The MAXPRO package includes the base made of aerospace-grade aluminum and impact resistant plastics, the 3-piece Quick Connect Longbar, workout handles, ankle/wrist straps, door mount, and USB charger. Best news: It comes pre-assembled!
- The patent-pending PowerClutch technology provides adjustable resistance: 50 settings from 5 to 150 pounds with only the turn of a dial.
- Cables are made of a special blend of fibers used in bullet-proof vests with 1000 pounds of break strength. They are 15 times stronger than steel.
- Cables can easily be adjusted for length and secured with the exclusive lock system, and they move freely in any direction.
- The MAXPRO Performance and Coaching app becomes your personal trainer. Follow along with professional trainers or customize your workout from the 200 (and growing) exercises in the library. Receive real-time feedback on reps, time, heart rate, velocity and power. Communicate with the global MAXPRO community, participate in challenges, win awards for your progress, milestones and achievements. Take advantage of the curated articles from around the world on improving your nutrition and general physical and mental health.
The idea for MAXPRO began because Nezar missed his workouts when he traveled for business. He had been dedicated to exercise and strength training since becoming a Division 1 soccer player at Eastern Michigan University. He searched for a portable fitness system without success. He would have to do it himself! It was 20 years ago when Nezar began the design with some doodles on a cocktail napkin. He worked on it on and off until a few years ago, when he determined he would bring his vision to life.
He has a BS in mechanical engineering from Wayne State University and an MS in engineering management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He spent his career in the automotive industry from the development and manufacture of interior plastic moldings to truck and trailer units. His designs were bold and elegant and his execution precise. When he founded MAXPRO, he employed a team of engineers from Detroit, “Motor City,” whose artistic visions were inspired by Italian sports cars, hoverboards, and athletic shoes.
Get Started with MAXPRO
Nothing could be easier!
- Unfold the MAXPRO and put the unit under your feet or mount it to a door or other sturdy vertical surface. (Also, you can use the optional bench or wall rack.)
- Select your grips from the 3-part barbell, 2 handles, or 2 ankle/wrist straps.
- Set the resistance dials to the desired level.
- Lift, and just like that, you are working out.
- MAXPRO has sold more than 10,000 units in all 50 states and 56 countries with revenue of more than $10 million.
- The MAXPRO won the Computer Electronic Show’s “Best of Innovation” award in the Health and Fitness category for 2020.
- MAXPRO also received an important stamp of approval when it formed a strategic partnership with Shaquille O’Neal. Shaq invested due to his desire to help individuals of all fitness levels achieve their goals with the accessible workout system. Also, his mission with all his companies is to “motivate, inspire and bring fun to the world” and that conforms perfectly with MAXPRO’s focus.