JIGGY puzzles was founded by Kaylin Marcotte in 2015. Kaylin was working long hours at a startup and using jigsaw puzzles as a way to unwind each night and relieve stress. The activity of putting the puzzle together was enjoyable, but the finished product was typically a very commercial and outdated design. Not the kind of image she would hang on a wall, but instead just dissemble and put back in its box.
This was the inspiration for JIGGY: puzzles that are intended to be displayed as artwork and even framed. JIGGY puzzles highlight art by emerging female artists from around the world and a percentage of every sale goes directly to the artist.
How to Display Your Completed Puzzle
Each Jiggy puzzle comes with the simple tools you need to preserve your masterpiece long after the last piece is in place:
- Make sure your puzzle is on a hard, flat surface. The glue won’t seep through to the other side but you do want to get it close to the edges. You can put down a tarp or trash bag underneath if you’re not one to color inside the lines.
- Using your tube of JIGGY puzzle glue, create a thick line of glue along one side of the puzzle.
- Use the included gold straight edge to spread the glue from one side to the other, with enough pressure to get the glue in between the pieces and avoid pooling.
- Continue spreading the glue in long strokes, from each side, until the puzzle is covered. The glue works by sealing between the pieces, so for best results, avoid leaving a thick layer on the surface. Make sure it’s in between the pieces and remove any excess.
- Allow to dry for 12-24 hours.