Many of us have been through this. Baby loves to play fetch with Mama. Baby throws toy on the floor. Mama picks it up and gives it back. Baby giggles and throws it back on the floor. It’s cute until it’s not, such as when the game is preventing Mama from having a meal or a conversation. New mother, Beth Fynbo, was having lunch with her friends and their babies. Conversation was impossible with the constant interruptions. Surely, there was a solution. Beth scoured the Internet that night. There was no solution. Beth would have to find one herself. And she did—the Busy Baby Mat.
The place mat is made of high-quality, FDA-approved food-grade silicone that suctions securely to clean, smooth surfaces at each corner and has a patented tether system which keeps toys, pacifiers, sippy cups and the like within baby’s reach and germ free.
Features of the Busy Baby Mat
- BPA, BPS, PVC and Phthalate free
- Protects baby from any “iffy” surface
- With washable markers, doubles as a reusable “sketch pad”
- Four adjustable tethers (that baby can also teethe on)
- Dulls the sounds of banging
- Flexible, lightweight and durable
- Rolls up into a convenient sleeve for travel
- Easy to clean
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
The Busy Baby Mat can be used flat on a table, high chair, airline tray; wrapped around shopping cart or infant carrier handles; and vertical on a sliding glass door, refrigerator or bathtub walls.
Busy Baby Mat Aids in Child Development
- Encourages self-feeding: It’s easy for a baby to pick up food from the silicone surface, and eating utensils can be attached to the tethers so that they can’t get away from baby.
- Promotes motor skills: Babies enjoy threading the tether through the hole in the mat, thereby increasing finger dexterity. With the mat on a mirror or window, the toys hang down and baby will stand to reach for them and develop balance and leg strength.
- Bolsters education: The mat teaches cause and effect, problem-solving skills and hand-eye coordination.
The Busy Baby Mat Team
The sister and brother team, Beth and Eric Fynbo, have worked and played together all their lives. As adults, they both joined the Army and were deployed to the Middle East. Afterward, Beth received a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Minnesota State University and a master’s in Project Management from Colorado Technical University and worked for the National Guard Bureau and the Mayo Clinic. Eric received a degree in secondary education from Minnesota State University and worked in retail honing his skills in business management, strategic planning and inventory control. He is a perfect fit to join Beth as VP of operations at Busy Baby Mat LLC.
Busy Baby Mat Recognitions
- Mom’s Choice Awards Honoring Excellence—the Mom’s Choice Awards is a globally recognized program that establishes the benchmark of excellence in products created for children.
- The Annual Minnesota Cup Competition, a community-led, public-private partnership that supports Minnesotan entrepreneurs, awarded Busy Baby Mat $25,000.
- Forbes Magazine included Busy Baby Mat in their “Best Gifts for Babies and Toddlers.”
- The mat was featured on the ABC 6 News “Made in the Midwest” segment.